Tuesday, February 19, 2013

do. Good Stitches Charity Quilt



I've been excited to share about something new! 

Last year I stumbled upon a great blog:  Stitched In Color.  Rachel's blog is great.  She has awesome tutorials and she is just fun to "listen" to.  I noticed right away that she likes to give back - so much so that she created an online quilting bee called "do. Good Stitches".  




do. Good Stitches is a charity quilting bee that makes quilts for all kinds of people in need:  foster kids, battered women, kids in need, sick people, and more.  It is a beautiful thing to make something for someone in need.   




In December, I signed up to host a do. Good Stitches circle.  Each circle has 10 members from all over the country.  We are the Nurture Circle of do. Good Stitches.  Our quilts go to  My Very Own Blanket, a charity that gives blankets to children in foster care.  




We started in January with a herringbone quilt!  We followed Rachel's Herringbone Block Tutorial using cool colors.  The Nurture Circle members mailed me their blocks and I got to piece and quilt it.  It was so fun to see all of the blocks as they came in!  




I backed the quilt with Amy Butler Love Water Bouquet in Midnight.  




One of the things that makes me the most happy is making things for other people.   

Being a part of do. Good Stitches makes me happy.





8 comments:

  1. Yeah! Our first quilt! Feels so GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous Melissa! Great job- Love that AB backing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I,just deleted it because it was a double post. Should've just left it. :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome! Once I'm back in the US I plan to do at least one quilt a year for Project Linus, just a logistical nightmare from here :)

    So fun to do it as a Bee/Sewing Circle; that would be extra fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine how difficult it would be out of the country! Project Linus is one of the charities do. Good Stitches supports! You could join a do. Good Stitches circle!

      Delete