Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Zipper Won...



I started out making this cute little cosmetics pouch because my daughter wanted to make one.  I thought it would be easier for me to help her make it if I was making one also. 



(How cute is she??)

I have to confess that I am afraid of zippers.  I will almost always avoid any sewing project that involves zippers.  They freak me out.  This cosmetics pouch has a zipper...duh, duh, duh, duh......

It all started out fine.  I loved the look of the linen with the solid blues and purples.  My corners were matching up nicely.  




Surely I could conquer a 7 inch zipper, right?!?




Well, the zipper won.  

It didn't completely defeat me.  I finished the project.  I wish I felt a bit more victorious about that, but I am so bummed that zippers are STILL so difficult for me!  Grrr...





I still have to help my daughter finish her bag and I am SO not looking forward to it!  

Hmmm...maybe she'll just forget about it.  

Not likely.

Sooo...any zipper encouragement for me?  

Pretty please?  

Oh!  Here is a peek at my most recent project:








4 comments:

  1. That orange quilt is really amazing!! I am not a fan of zippers myself. I have won and I have lost, and now I just avoid them all together!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a friend encourage me to conquer zippers and I am considering it. lol.

      I have mixed feelings about the chevron quilt. The colors aren't my favorite, but it's for my mom. I still need to decide what to do for the back. In the meantime, I'm working on my Scrappy Stash quilt for the QAL. :)

      Delete
  2. The zipper is a wily creature. :-) Best of luck on it!

    Over from Susan Williams'!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete